Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Journey Begins...

S0 after signing up for my very first blog, I also signed up for twitter. To my new fellow twitterers I recently announced I was opening my online store. I couldn't believe how many people began to follow MY twittering right away! My husband still looks at me funny when I say, "Guess how many people are following me now?!" At the moment, I am waiting before I update and announce my new site to the Facebook and MySpace worlds - and friends and family. I want to have everything a little more together and more merchandise in my shop. The goal is to more stuff to cover a wider audience and a greater chance of success. With one first impression, I don't want to screw it up! I was also very surprised how much traffic picked up a ton when I began posting on the Etsy forums and chatting in the Etsy chatrooms. Still no sales yet, but I remain hopeful and continue to work at bettering my business and networking. In the mean time, I have been learning everything I can to improve my shop and learn about how to successful selling art and jewelry in the Etsy World. I have a long way to go, but it feels like I am off to a good start!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new store and welcome to the big Etsy family, Lynsi! HEE.

    Thank you for taking the time to participate in my giveaway. I hope you've had your tooth removed so you can move on to your next BIG dream. I have a similar dream as yours except mine would be for the dogs instead of cats. SO all the best to us! ;)

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your store,and am following your blog now!
    http://boutiquestitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys inspired me - I blogged tonight after 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new store!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write! I look forward to hearing from you!